Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Good Times

So the holidays are officially upon us. This is one of my absolute favorite times of year. The food, the family, the fun. It's a great time of year to reflect also. To remember good times with good peoples.

I remember a turkey day which I went with Micah to his grandma's house up near San Louis Obispo. We ended up spending the evenings playing card and dice games, seemingly simple distractions, but really just the table for conversation and community.

Or there was the Christmas where my entire family met in Atlanta at my sister's house. It was amazing, all of us grown up and off living our own lives the rest of the year, and yet we quickly re-melded as a family.

When I was a kid holidays meant goofing off, getting under foot, and presents. Now they mean so much more. Sure, I still goof off, and I still get under foot, and I still like presents, but now the holidays mean the chance to see old friends, to catch up and reconnect.

So, as you begin the holidays, I hope you take a moment to think how they have changed for you over the years, and how they are still amazingly awesomely fun.

1 comment:

Micah Foster said...

tha's funny that you mentioned my gma...i just put up a pic of her on my blog...

nice to see some musings...